Mission, Vision and Values
MONDRAGON is a business-based socio-economic initiative integrated by autonomous and independent cooperatives with deep cultural roots in the Basque Country, created for and by people and inspired by the Basic Principles of our Co-operative Experience. It is firmly committed to the environment, competitive improvement and customer satisfaction in order to generate wealth in society through business development and the creation of, preferably co-operative, employment, which:
- Is based on a firm commitment to solidarity and uses democratic methods for organisation and management;
- Encourages participation and the involvement of people in the management, profits and ownership of their companies, developing a shared project which brings together social, business and personal progress;
- Fosters training and innovation by developing human and technological skills;
- Applies its own management model aimed at helping companies become market leaders and fostering co-operation.
We would like to become committed people, with a co-operative identity who form a profitable, competitive and enterprising business group in a global context; who apply a successful socio-business model, offering the market integrated solutions based on experience, knowledge, innovation, inter-cooperation, strategic partnerships, attracting, promoting and generating talent; and which generates sufficient resources to provide value-added employment and sustainable development for the community.
- Co-operation: Owners and protagonists.
- Participation: Commitment to management.
- Social Responsibility: Fair distribution of wealth.
- Innovation: Constant renewal.
The Basic Principles of MONDRAGON assume and bring together the Universal Co-operative Principles updated by the International Co-operative Alliance. Approved at the first MONDRAGON Co-operative Congress held in October 1987, these contain the experience gained over half a century of co-operative activity on the part of the MONDRAGON Experience. The open and dynamic nature of these principles ensures they constitute guidelines which are open to whatever tomorrow brings.